Thursday, February 09, 2006

Reflection at beginning of 2006

At the end of 2005, I looked back at the way that I had used blogs through the year (a whole year!) with my students. Highlights for me were

  • students writing on topics that they chose
  • interaction between us through the blog
  • the chance to communicate even when NOT at Unitec eg. students who had left the class and for me as a part-time teacher when not at work
  • students discovering new things to do on blogs and then teaching me how!
  • interviewing students and finding out what they thought about blogs
  • writing my own blog - any task I set the students, I tried to do myself
  • finding other teachers excited by blogging and its potential

Things to exploit in 2006

  • the power of photos
  • creative and personal input
  • audio files (and foray into podcasting?!)

Have been challenged by Aaron's article on Start with student passion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home